Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Maus

I found Maus particularly interesting.  Being the history buff/nerd that I am, I was eager to see how the author would be able to convey the harshness of the Holocaust/ Nazi Germany’s environment using cats, mice, dogs, and pigs.  The story telling was interesting and pretty blunt and to the point.  I can’t quite point it out but there is something about the novel that sends a strong, heavy message and while using these “cartoon” characters and comic book layout.  The fact that the author was able to successfully tell a holocaust story in the form of a graphic novel is revolutionary.  I wouldn’t mind finding more graphic novels that focus on historical events in a serious tone.  This was definitely one of my favorites for this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment