Saturday, March 5, 2011

Calvin and Hobbes/Nemo

I decided to revisit one of my most favorit comic series ever.  Calvin and Hobbes has been a pretty big part of my childhood.  I have always loved the art, the comedy, and the short stories.  After taking time to revisit the series, I can still say it is just as entertaining as ever.  The stories have this classic sense of adventure that resembles very closely my childhood.  Calvin has the typical imagination that you would expect from most children that age, and seeing exciting and many times insane visions in a brilliantly illustrated form is what makes it special.  Even after the several comics I have been exposed to in this class, I have yet to come across anything that is as awesome as this:

As far as the Little Nemo series goes, I thought they were overall very enjoyable.  Needless to say, being an illustrator, I really like Winsor Mcay's style.  The quality of the Illustration is arguable the best in my opinion.  He pays so much attention to detail and the brilliant use of color would entice any reader to the series.  Coming across some of the things that were in the animated film from my childhood made reading this a little nostalgic.

No comments:

Post a Comment